Power and Politics - I am Not the Yellow Peril

The life and times of an Asian American activist who tells all the truth (and dishes news and analysis) but with a leftwards slant.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

McCain calls highschooler "you little jerk"

New Hampshire high schooler: "''If elected, you'd be older than Ronald Reagan, making you the oldest president. Do you ever worry you might die in office [audience laughter] or get Alzheimer's or some other disease that might affect your judgment?''

MCCAIN: Well, you know, my kids, my children, for many many years, have questioned my . . . uh, my "awareness." I don't pay attention to some of the music that they like, in fact, when I do pay attention to it, I must say it's not my favorites. I think it was one of my sons that alleged I'm getting to the point I hide my own Easter eggs. [laughter] Look, when you saw my 95-year-old mother [on a video introduction], you saw the kind of genes I have. I work 24-7, I'm very active, I enjoy life, I'm involved and engaged. And people will judge by the vigor and enthusiasm associated with our campaign. Every campaign I've ever been in my life, I've out-campaigned all of my opponents, and I'm confident that I will. Thanks for the question, you little jerk.

[applause]

You're drafted. [laughter]

Apparently, the high schooler was very impressed with McCain's response. And why not? It's vintage McCain, the McCain frmo the straight Talk Express of 2000, not the overly bundled and prepped McCain that chose to walk in Dubya's shoes on the war this time around. This is the McCain that is hard to dislike. well, except for when all the media just reports that he called a high schooler a "little jerk."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home