Power and Politics - I am Not the Yellow Peril

The life and times of an Asian American activist who tells all the truth (and dishes news and analysis) but with a leftwards slant.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Joe Biden Oughta Be Bitin' His Tongue

Especially fter this slip up on his presidential campaign for 2008. (Yes, it's never too early to start running, even if you are a non-contender.) FYI, in case you've never heard of Biden, he's the senior Democratic Senator from Delaware. (Wow, two Delaware stories in one week. I've never thought so much about the place in my life.)

An eager young Indian American supporter named Manesh runs up to offer Biden his support and gets these pearls of wisdom in exchange:

MANESH: Senator Biden, good to see you.

BIDEN: As you know, I get a lot of support from East Indians.

MANESH: And more to come, I hope.

BIDEN: I have a great relationship. In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You CANNOT go into a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking. Oh, gigantic, gigantic.

MANESH: I'm real excited for you.

Watch the video. Oh, and spread the word. I like to reward good behavior with lots of free publicity, to such "culturally competent" politicians.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger G said…

    What a jackass... and from checking the news story out in other outlets, he's not apologizing, either. >=[

     

Post a Comment

<< Home