Power and Politics - I am Not the Yellow Peril

The life and times of an Asian American activist who tells all the truth (and dishes news and analysis) but with a leftwards slant.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Segregation in church

An interesting story about one agnostic who attended a friend's choir performance in church, got called out, and won an argument with the preacher in front of a room full of believers.

Not an APIA so far as I know, but a graceful way to present one's opinion while making some necessary points.

It has been a long time since I stepped inside a church (apart from attending a wedding or funeral) but generally I go through the motions out of respect for the loving or the deceased. Sometimes I feel disingenuous, and sometimes I just feel really out of place, but usually it crosses my mind that I'm bowing down to a false god (albeit out of courtesy to others.) The experience might disturb me, or leave me feeling unsettled.

This story from dailykos is a good example of how to pick a good time and place to make an argument for agnosticism, even if you didn't mean to get into it.

(On a housekeeping note, there are so many things I want to write about: Texas, Delay, Voting Rights, Katrina, Mineta. And so little time. But I promise to write something new this week as I've been lagging in my blogging. Not quite the bloggers' fatigue that Reappropriate describes but just fatigue in general. I think I need another vacation already, thankfully July 4th is just around the corner!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home