Power and Politics - I am Not the Yellow Peril

The life and times of an Asian American activist who tells all the truth (and dishes news and analysis) but with a leftwards slant.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

2006 was a mixed year for me that had an uplifting turn - I got out of my crappy old job and started anew. Here's to fresh starts and the promise of a singular new year full of promise. I spent my New Year on a bridge with thousands of other kindred spirits full of exuberance, watching the night-time sky burst into flames. I felt noticeably happier, lighter, more free. With an airy breath, I blew away the dark cloud that had peristed in hanging around and embraced the warmth of a thousand hellos.

Perhaps my favorite memory is watching the fireworks in winter, the falling ashes reflected upon glistening snow, mouth agape as we watch hundreds of feet below.

I believe 2007 will be a good year - we already have a new Congress for a change. Best wishes for a new year full of laughter and joy! Happy new year's, baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home