Power and Politics - I am Not the Yellow Peril

The life and times of an Asian American activist who tells all the truth (and dishes news and analysis) but with a leftwards slant.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Mmm, alfredo sauce

A great weekend for me is hitting a music club, and unexpectedly seeing an old favorite performing. There's an excellent thrill of recognition, much like the pleasure of catching up with an old friend.

Followed up by going to the farmers' market, picking up some crimini mushrooms, and going home and making a delicious alfredo sauce (that for the first time didn't break) with mushrooms over storebought potato gnocchi. Truly, I'm very proud, since I've been working on my alfredo - working with cream is a tricky business. Now I will settle in and watch Stephen Colbert on motherload, and wait for Grey's Anatomy, and manybe make some truffles with the leftover cream. Hey, there's a first time for everything!

Delicious wrapup to an excellent weekend.

I promise this isn't a food blog, I've got some "serious thought pieces" in the works. For you, my loyal readers, I slave as hard over the keyboard as I do over the stove for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home