Power and Politics - I am Not the Yellow Peril

The life and times of an Asian American activist who tells all the truth (and dishes news and analysis) but with a leftwards slant.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Voting Rights Act passes, Immigration fears lead to death threats

Quick bit of roundup:

1) Voting Rights Act is renewed by a huge margin, 390-33 with 9 abstaining. I had a really old post here that I didn't have time to edit properly but now that the legislation has passed, I figured I should put it up regardless.

See how your congressmember voted.

2) On another note, police in Maywood, Calif. are investigating whether the deputy city clerk tried to have a city councilman KILLED after the Maywood City Council passed a resolution opposing having police act as immigration enforcement officials.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home