Power and Politics - I am Not the Yellow Peril

The life and times of an Asian American activist who tells all the truth (and dishes news and analysis) but with a leftwards slant.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Bad Hair Day

Guys, do you ever take showers before going to sleep, not dry your hair properly and then wake up with a strange peak on one side of your hair? This Asianweek article describes the phenonmenon perfectly!

All day they fight the campaign to try to get the lopsided crest back down on their heads. They go to the bathroom. If they’re lucky, they’ll have a comb. They water it down, and hope that the battle is over. But no.

The hair remembers. It’s not going to let a little dribble of water keep it down. It remembers. It just spent eight hours to form this miraculous mountain. Are you kidding? A little water isn’t going to do it.

The hair scoffs at these primitive tools. You’re gonna need some gel, coagulant, foam, hairspray or Brylcream.

It’s the day you think of getting the #2 crew cut, or even doing a Michael Jordan on your head.

I know this has nothing to do with politics, but I've seen a lot of guys with this sometimes charmingly cute, sometime just plain funny problem. Plus I think the author has a fresh and amusing writing style.


2 Comments:

  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger She says said…

    So, I hope this doesn't come across as too stalker-ish, but I'm trying to figure out if I know you... Are you in DC?

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger powerpolitics said…

    I don't think we know each other based upon your photo.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home