Power and Politics - I am Not the Yellow Peril

The life and times of an Asian American activist who tells all the truth (and dishes news and analysis) but with a leftwards slant.

Friday, August 11, 2006

OK Go

Once in awhile I look at stuff apart from politics. In my youtube.com haze (in a simicrum of computer replacing tv), I have watched lots of videos and come across a new fave summer song: OK Go's "A Million Ways to be Cruel" (watch it on youtube here) and then I saw this really cute Alaskan tribute to the OK Go dance here. It features this dude who I believe to be APIA. The dance features some great and zany fun choreography, and a "bullet time" chop.

The beat is catchy enough to rival the Killers' "Mr. Brightside" and the lyrics are infinitely better (courtesy of azlyrics.com):

Sit back, matter of fact, teasing, toying, turning, chatting, charming, hissing, playing the crowd.
Play that song again, another couple Klonopin, a nod, a glance, a half-hearted bow.
Oh such grace, oh such beauty, and lipstick and callous and fishnets and malice.
Oh Darling, you're a million ways to be cruel.
I should, I wish I could, maybe if you were, I would, a list of standard-issue regrets.
One last 80 proof, slouching in the corner booth.
Baby, it's as good as it gets.
Oh such grace, oh such beauty. So precious, suspicious, and charming, and vicious.
Oh darling, you're a million ways to be cruel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home