Power and Politics - I am Not the Yellow Peril

The life and times of an Asian American activist who tells all the truth (and dishes news and analysis) but with a leftwards slant.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Accidental migration and keeping the faith

I accidentally migrated to the "new" blogger. When I was trying to login last time, it directed me to the new blogger link, and try as I might, I was unable to navigate away. So I am stuck with the new blogger, like it or not, because they specifically say that once you move, you can't go back.

I am not happy with this bait and switch, but will have to live with it. I was perfectly fine with the "old" blogger and haven't seen the bells and whistles that make this blogger so wonderful, apart from adding some tags, which doesn't really matter.

------

I was pleased to see that retired. Major General Antonio Taguba, most famous for being the lead investigator of the Abu Ghraib scandal, is lobbying for Filipino veterans' equity. Sometimes it is nice to leave the spotlight so that you can say and do what you want. Hopefully the veterans will get some justice this Congressional cycle. I am sure that Congressman Mike Honda, who outlines APIA congressional priorities here, will be an ardent supporter, and as he reminds us, Rep. Bob Filner (D-CA) who was the initial sponsor of the Veterans Equity bill, is now Chair of the Veterans Subcommittee. So lots of progress, and we gotta keep on pushing.

Additionally, hsuperpolitical reminds us that yesterday was not just President's Day, it was what many Japanese Americans refer to as the "day of remembrance" because that's when President Franklin Delano Roosevelt signed Executive Order 9066 (1942) which interned a whole group of American citizens.

On a lighter note, it's now the year of the Boar if you follow the lunar calendar. If you feel like you didn't get a proper fresh start on January 1, here's your chance to do it all over again. (I made no resolutions so I have nothing to break, just fresh ground on relationships and being more upfront about my own feelings.)

Labels: , , ,