Power and Politics - I am Not the Yellow Peril

The life and times of an Asian American activist who tells all the truth (and dishes news and analysis) but with a leftwards slant.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

An unusual friendship

A Georgia school has overcome traditional barriers to become a new melting pot. The NYTimes features the unusual friendship of two boys - Soung, an 11-year old Burmese refugee, and David, a 9 year old who befriended him on the first day of school.

A cute and heartwarming story about how we bridge the cultural divide. The thing that gets me the most in the video is how at the end, the two boys talk about how they are going to be friends for 8, 9, 10, no 100 years.

And I think of all my friends from before, where they are now, and how I don't know what they're up to. So I resolve to be better at keeping in touch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home