Power and Politics - I am Not the Yellow Peril

The life and times of an Asian American activist who tells all the truth (and dishes news and analysis) but with a leftwards slant.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Modelminorities on tv

Asianweek has a short article on a new AZN tv show featuring four Ivy League hopefuls in the ri senior year of high school. The producer says:

"Admittance into an Ivy League university is the dream of many Asian parents, and it is also the anxiety of their children who apply to these schools," said producer Joy Huang. "This intimate view into their experiences will definitely hit home with students and parents alike."

I'm not sure that this is something that would draw my attention. I went through all that a long time ago, and so really it'd be like watching me and my parents then, or my cousins and my aunts n' uncles now. Which is to say: painfully bad tv. Not sure who really wants to relive all that. Although now that I think about it, perhaps there is some tv value in watching a straight A student whine that they only got into Columbia and not Yale. . . Nah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home